After-Hours Emergency Care
Contact Jackson Pet Emergency Clinic
Monday: 06:00 pm - 07:00 am
Tuesday: 06:00 pm - 07:00 am
Wednesday: 06:00 pm - 07:00 am
Thursday: 06:00 pm - 07:00 am
Friday: 06:00 pm - Monday 07:00 am (24 hours Saturday & Sunday)
Call: (731) 660-4343
Emergency Veterinary Services
If your pet is experiencing any symptoms or behaviors that you are worried about, don't hesitate to contact the after-hours emergency pet hospital location above or your nearest 24-hour emergency veterinarian.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - Call the nearest emergency animal hospital right away to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you are on your way, instructions may be provided to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable as possible. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Do not put your pet or yourself at risk! Safely bring your pet to the nearest emergency veterinary clinic for professional care.
What is a pet emergency?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more